Still driving a manual transmission? We love tackling manual transmission repairs. AAMCO's Transmission Multi-Point Inspection check can help determine if your transmission issue may mean you're in need of clutch repair service by Plano's transmission experts - AAMCO.
The clutch is the mechanical component that is engaged and disengaged in the process of driving a manual transmission. When engaged, the clutch transmits power between the driving member and the driven memer. Simply put, it is the part that connects two other parts, generally two rotating shafts, and a manual transmission won't function properly if the clutch is malfunctioning.
AAMCO Plano's transmission experts can determine if your problem cannot be corrected by external adjustments, repair or replacement of a clutch-related component. He will then:
- Remove the entire transmission from your vehicle.
- Inspect the clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel and related components.
- Replace any necessary components, taking steps to meet AAMCO's exacting standards.
- Reinstall the transmission to the vehicle.
- Refill with fresh transmission fluid.
- Lift the car up to ensure proper clutch installation, and make any necessary changes.
Before we put the vehicle back in your care, we road test it to make sure all of the problems have been taken care of with your clutch.
If you need a clutch repair or other transmission service in Plano for your car or truck’s manual transmission, bring your vehicle into AAMCO today!